Friday, February 3, 2012

"What Is Said Vs. What I Thought Was Said" - Help Me Rhonda

Sometimes I hear what I want to. Most times I'm not sure I want to hear what I do.


Take The Beach Boy's song, "Help Me Rhonda" for instances. I have listen to this song probably about 200 times. The first cassette tape I got for my 6th birthday from my buddy Jim McCabe was The Beach Boy's Endless Summer. I would listen to it on my human-sized walkman (which took up the seat next to me on the bus) as I rode to and from school EVERYDAY for years.

Until recently, I never understood the lyrics.

So here is a comparison of "what is said vs. what I thought was said". Keep in mind, I didn't necessarily think this much about ejaculating when I was in the first grade, that didn't come until at least second grade (when I got an action figure of Teela from He-Man for my birthday).

(what is said):
Well since she put me down
I've been out doin' in my head

(what I thought was said):
Well since she won't go down (BJ reference)
I gotta do it in my hand (masturbation reference)

(what is said):
I come in late at night
And in the mornin' I just lay in bed
 

I'm comin' late at night (ejaculate reference)
And in the mornin' I just stay in bed (reference to another "beat" session about to begin)

(what is said):
Well, Rhonda you look so fine
And I know it wouldn't take much time
For you to help me Rhonda
Help me get her out of my heart

(what I thought was said):
*I actually thought all of the previous lyrics were said, but I think I interpreted differently.
Well, Rhonda you look so fine (making a WITHDRAWL from the "spank bank")
And I know it wouldn't take much time (He's got his technique down, he'll "finish" quickly - perhaps he has some choirs to do)
For you to help me Rhonda (as a visual aid)
Help me get her out of my heart (and into my hand or tissue anyway)

So the idea here, is this guy needs to forget a past chick by "wanking" to a new one.

I won't tell you what I think the song Good Vibrations is about...hint, there are ben wa balls involved!

(what I thought was said):

Help Me, Rhonda

No comments: