Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 Things To Do List

I'll take a quick break from looking backwards to looking forward with my 2012 "resolutions."

Last week I started working on some things I'd like to do in 2012. Yesterday I put this up on my Facebook:

Looking for things to do in 2012. Suggestions? And let's try and remember, I'm a supreme pussy, so jumping out of an airplane likely won't make this list.

I had to specify this, as my friend Rory jumps out of planes for a living. He's a skydiving instructor and I knew what he'd recommend (which he did even with my warning).

Some other helpful suggestions include:

-Get those DVDs alphabetized.
As if they aren't already!

-Masturbate in a courtroom bathroom if you get selected for Jury Duty.
Very specific!

-Pee standing up
I need stuff that I may actually follow through with.

-Try the McRib
Vegetarian.

-Make a Baby.
Well, I promise to at least try!

I thank everyone for their suggestions.
Here is my list that I'll likely ignore until early November 2012:

1. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy.  I read the Fellowship before, which is why I'll be naming my first boy Tom Bombadil. I'd like to read ALL three back to back to back.  Not sure if I'll be reading the Hobbit as well.  Not because I don't want to, but Julie yelled at me in the past for talking about "Hobbit Holes" in public.

2. Read Sherlock Holmes Books.  Not all of them, just some.  I don't believe I have EVER read a Sherlock Holmes book.  Any suggestions on this one?  Also, I'll likely take up smoking a pipe and having a Doctor hang out with me who can be my partner/man servant.  Any volunteers? 
3. Shoot new web series.  That's all I can say about this at the moment.  I have a series I am SLOWLY working on, and would like to do this year.  I figure if I state it vaguely here, I can do any old piece of shit and tell people, "Yep, that was it."  

4. Write & shoot an original short film.  I had actually changed this from 2 shorts, but I don't want to bury myself before I even roll the calendar over.  I have a loose idea.  Pretty much the opening shot.  Yes Jim Burns, it's the same opening shot I have been talking about for the past 5 years.  This year I expect to actually do it.  Anyone have a tuxedo I can borrow?

5.  Write a feature length script.  I have a few I have written, but doing the web series stuff has gotten me out of thinking about a LONG story arc.  I have this idea I really want to write and would ultimately love to shoot - one thing at a time though.

6.  Write 3 one-act plays.  I need to be ready for when Michael Gray comes calling.

7. Shoot 3 sketches.  WAY before I fell in love with Improv, I used to do sketch comedy.  I miss it.  

8. Learn to play guitar.  Not like professionally or anything, but I always have this dream of playing Auld Lang Syne at New Year's Eve, in between telling ever timely Dick Clark stroke jokes.  I would like to take lessons and maybe write a parody song or two.

9. Learn to drive manual without telling Emmanuel Lewis jokes the whole time. Julie said she'd teach me. I think she tells Gary Coleman jokes, which is rude cause he's dead.

10. Secret Project. I can't talk about this yet. Some things still being worked out. But I am probably the most excited for this...unless I get called into Jury Duty, then this is what I'll be second most excited for!

No comments: