Monday, March 19, 2012

Getting Into Shape Is Painful!

I have been off EVERYTHING in the past few weeks.  My “cheat” is typically alcohol, but even that I only partook of over the weekend because of Paddy’s Day.

It’s been tough at work, because there have been birthdays a plenty (cakes) and donuts a flowin’ (they weren’t actually flowing).

I bought Dunkin Donuts last Sunday for a film shoot.  It was a short shoot with no lunch, so I figured I could at least provide donuts.  I didn’t eat any of them.  Good Lord did I wanna!

So this morning started a routine, which I hope continues at least until Aruba, my 6AM run.  OK it was more like 6:15 because I hit the snooze button, but still there was NO sunlight to be found.

Of course before I even stepped on the treadmill I managed to tweak my neck.  I have no idea how or what I did.  But rather than “bail” on the running, I said, "Fuck it" and off I went...sweating before 7AM.  Yes it hurt, but I guess that’s the “burn” they speak of…

At least it doesn’t hurt when I pee.  Which is often, because I have been drinking a lot of water.

No comments: