Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Every March

March 22, 2011, I wrote the following entry:

March 17, 2012 (yes Paddy’s Day) I started the 2012 yard work.  And ended up with the same results I do every year.

This time, I wore heavy socks, boots, long work pants, a long sleeved shirt and gloves.  Good gloves, which I NEVER took off. 
Sunday…nothing. 
Monday…nothing. 
Tuesday…I started itching on my hands, back and forehead. 
Wednesday (today) I’m fucked!

My hands look awful.  They are covered with what I assume is poison oak or sumac, but could easily be poison ivy.  My knuckles have taken the brunt of it.  This morning, when I was running, I took my wedding ring off.  I never take it off, but it bothers the hell out of me when I run.  I put it back on as soon as I was done.  And ripped the “poison bubble” residing on my knuckle.  I had to put a band-aid on, just so the ooze wouldn’t spread.  I know, right? 

“Grossville Mikey.”

Both of my thumbs have blisters from pulling a rake.  This is mostly because it was a mild winter, which required no snow shoveling.  My hands will callus up about mid May.  But the problem for now is I continue to rip open the blisters when lifting weights.

Yes casual reader I am running and lifting weights.  At 6:00 am might I add.  I still am going to bed late as fuck (4:00 am last Friday night, last 4:45 am Saturday night – I ran on neither of these days).

So obviously, I’m a mess.  But it’s just my hands right?

NO.

I have some marks that has shown up on my forehead.  Yay!  The since I sweat while running it should spread to make me look like Eric Stoltz in Mask by the time I play with ComedySportz at 7:30pm this Saturday.  I haven’t seen the movie in a while so I don’t remember if Rocky Dennis gets his affliction from yard work too.  I do remember his mom, played by Cher, gets him a whore.  So that’s cool. 


No comments: