Thursday, August 15, 2019

WANNA SEE SKID ROW?


I get a TON of SPAM emails or emails from various things I've signed up for in the past. Some of them I immediately hit "Unsubscribe," but some I just continue to get (and delete) because I figure, who cares, right?

This one has me confounded on various levels.

I received an email from Rocky Gap State Park about Skid Row tickets that are going on sale. I'll admit, I entertained the idea of buying them for about 1 minute. A whole 60 seconds. But some things hit me.

First, looking at that picture, Sebastian Bach aged...weirdly! I guess he had work...? Oh, or (according to Wikipedia) he was kicked out of the band in the 90s and I am just now finding out!

And he did "have work," - Rocky Horror and the Gilmore Girls to name a few!






Both "out of focus," because that's how BACH rolls!

So you're trying to sell me on a Sebastian Bach-less Skid Row? Okay, but you got your work cut out for you.




What. The! Fuck?

3:00pm? You expect me to start my headbanging at 3pm?!? Come the hell on! I couldn't possible until the end of a typcial 9-5 work day.

AND "We LOVE the 80's!?!?"

Yes, Skid Row formed and started playing in Tom Rivers, NJ in 1986, but they didn't release their debut album, and become known to the non-New Jersey world, until 1989.

While I'll give you that in the grand scheme of things, 1989 is still technically the 80s, it has NEVER identified as the 80s.

To give you a frame of reference, Nirvana formed a mere year after Skid Row, yet released their first single, a year BEFORE Skid Row! No one considers Nirvana "an 80s band." They are a personification of the 90s!

Though, like Skid Row,  I believe they also kicked their lead singer out of the band, at least I haven't seen him do much recently.

I digress...



GA ticket price is decent, though for $25, I'd think a chair would be provided. I guess this is like camping and seeing Skid Row, which actually sounds like a terrific idea!

At least I don't have to pay a tent fee.




WHAT THE FUCK?!?

Really? 

Also, you're really doubling down on that whole "no outside alcohol or food/beverage" thing. Though, technically if I have a tent, am I really "outside?"

It's cool, we'll tailgate and finish our drinks and whatnot in the parking lot.



NO TAILGATING?!?!? 

Where is this, Beirut?!?



Oh. That makes sense.

But don't you go thinking for a minute that the Flintstone residents don't do some HARD drinking and Tailgating!


Thanks for the offer Rocky Gap State Park, but I think I'll just listen to Skid Row and watch Gilmore Girl re-runs...unless you want to set up this camping and a concert idea, in which case I'd ask that you revise that 
"no outside alcohol or food/beverage" restriction.

No comments: