Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Jenny McCarthy HATES the Cure


Things got heated in an Aldi parking lot this weekend when Jenny McCarthy and The Cure’s front man, Robert Smith ran into each other.


In fact, it was Mr. Smith who literally collided with Ms. McCarthy as he attempted to avoid a young man handing out Hair Cuttery Coupons on the sidewalk.


At least that’s what my cousin told me. He’s studying to be a doctor, although he hasn’t been enrolled in an accredited school in 4 or 5 years. But he’s always right. I remember when he told me the ending of Lost was probably going to be a let down, and sure enough…


Alvin said, oh, that’s my cousin’s name, “Alvin.” He used to go by Ally when we were kids. Otherwise people made fun of him by saying things like, “Here comes Alvin and the Chipmunks.” 


Ironically, I have another cousin, Alvin’s brother, whose name is Teddy. I didn’t realize his name was actually Theodore until about 3 years ago when he was a groomsman in a wedding and they listed his proper name.

(Left to Right: Aunt Jeanette, Simone, Ally, Uncle Dave, Teddy)

Any way, Ally thinks Alvin sounds more grown up, so he’s been asking that we call him that now. So Alvin said, Jenny McCarthy dropped all of her groceries and Robert Smith tried to help her pick them up.

She started yelling to anyone who would listen, “Did you see what the Cure just did to me?!?” And "The Cure will kill us all!"


I’ll admit, I was confused why she was yelling this when Ally, er Alvin first told me this story. Mostly because he originally said it was Robert Plant, not Robert Smith.



He always had a Bill Paxton/Bill Pullman thing with Robert Plant and Robert Smith. He also was convinced Robert Smith was the lead singer of The Smiths for a long time. He was so adamant about it, that he once dropped our Quizzo Team, “Simon Says” from 3rd to 4th place.

We almost cracked that elusive top three!


I asked Ally if this happened at 10:15 Saturday Night. He didn’t seem to get the reference and instead replied that it was Sunday and Aldi closes at 8pm. He also asked that I call him Alvin.

Not to take away from the story, which has already been “liked” by 11 people on his Twitter page, but I asked why Jenny McCarthy and Robert Smith would be at an Aldi in Malvern, PA on a random Sunday. He said they probably were selling something at QVC whose studios are located nearby.

I was pretty sure that wasn’t the case, as Quacker Factory has Sunday evenings all locked up to itself (Mom never misses it!)


I guess we’ll never know.

It was a good story though, and it’s now up to 13 “likes.”

No comments: