Friday, April 6, 2012

EASTER by Bill Hicks

EASTER by Bill Hicks
 

"I was over in Australia during easter, which was intersting. Interesting to note they celebrate Easter the same way we do; commemorating the death and resurrection of Jesus by telling our children a giant bunny rabbit left chocolate eggs in the night.
 

Now, I wonder why we're fucked up as a race, anybody? Anybody got any clues out there?

Where do you get this shit from you know? Why those two things you know? Why not ‘Goldfish left Lincoln Logs in your sock drawer’ you know? As long as we’re making shit up, go hog wild you know. At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on it's back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous conotation to it.
 
I couldn't find a goldfish with lincoln logs photo.
 
'Mummy I woke todaye and there was a Lincoln Log in me sock drawer!'.

'That's the story of Jesus'.

Who comes up with this shit?! I’ve read the Bible. I can’t find the words ‘bunny’ or ‘chocolate’ anywhere in that fucking book".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Easter was stolen from the pagans, specifically the ones worshiping Oestre, goddess of Spring and fertility. Christianity stole a lot of things for their holidays. They're the P Diddy or Carlos Mencia of religions.

http://renalfailure.wordpress.com/2007/04/09/christianity-is-like-p-diddy/