Thursday, January 12, 2017

Selfiesless or Selflessie?

So far, we are 12 days into the new year and I haven't take a single selfie photo.

(For anyone who saw my first photo of 2017:
Full disclosure, I took that photo around 8pm on 12/31 so I was ready to post it at exactly midnight - I have a sickness).

Guys, I'm selfieless or selflessie (not sure which one is correct, though "selflessie" looks like I'm declaring myself a lesbian...which I totally am down with doing!)

"Kevin, that's not a big deal!" you say.
"OH HO HO!" I reply.

Based on my past 3 years, I think it's a very big deal.

3 Years ago, 1/4/2014:

A mere 4 days into the new year, I was in a show with my dear friend Kristin Finger. We got to perform as our John Hughes High characters (Principal Hines for me and Lucy Campbell the Band Geek for her), along side Thomas Fowler. It was a very enjoyable show. And we have a photo to capture the night for posterity)



2 Years ago, 1/3/2015:
This one I only made it 3 days. I scheduled a photo shoot for Kerry's birthday gift. A lot of friends came out and took photos, including my adorable daughter. How could I pass up the opportunity with lights AND cameras about?


Last year, 1/1/2016:
1 day! 1 goddamn day was all I could make it before sticking a camera in my face and taking a photo. This time, to tease my taco/hockey loving friend Jimmy, who was neither watching hockey nor eating tacos with me.


But now I'm on a streak!
It wasn't a news resolution that I deserved, but it's the one I need right now.

Let's be honest, if I run into you on the street, I'm taking a picture and breaking this streak over my goddamn knee. But right here, right now, let's appreciate my selfielessness in 2017...which I totally just bragged about in a blog. So there's that...

No comments: