Tuesday, January 5, 2016

My 2nd Biggest Fear About Facebook

My biggest fear about Facebook, is I miss my daughter's life by spending too much time on it. That's the main reason I removed it from my phone. This way I am forced to either completely remove myself, by going on the computer in my office while at home, or ignore Facebook all together.

I'm not the perfect father, as I still have access to Twitter, Instagram, and the ComedySportz Facebook page on my phone (Hey, I gotta a job to do). BUT I don't have a way to go browsing around Facebook.

My SECOND biggest fear about Facebook, is my final post. Because sooner or later, you'll write your final post. Which brings us to the story about Matthew DeRemer. He was killed by a drunk driver on New Year's Eve, but not before posting this to his Facebook account:

Last day of 2015!!!! For me I'll be meditating through all I do, on this entire year. I've lost, I've gained, family is closer and tougher than ever before, loved ones lost, and new friends found. There has been many times where I've been found on my knees in prayer for hours (relentless) and other times leading a group of people in prayer, my faith (that I love to share) is an everyday awakening (to me) that people, lives, and circumstances can change for the better OVER TIME. I look back at 2015's huge challenges that I've overcome, shared with others, and have once again found myself... To say thank you and BRING ON 2016, much works to be done!

And I really don't know where I'll end up tonight but I do know where I windup is where I'm meant to be😋


Though it's a bit "Jesusy" for my liking, it's a very nice sentiment. Then the poor soul was killed when an asshole wouldn't contain his partying to himself.

I hope that Mr. DeRemer's family & friends are able find some peace in his elegant words. 


Matthew DeRemer also posted this Meme.

ONE DAY. So true.
And, ONE DAY, you will write your last post on Facebook. My hope for you is that your final post, which comes many many years down the road, is as heartfelt as this.

Though more than likely your loved ones will be left with this:


No comments: