Monday, October 25, 2010

Lossing Friends Everyday

Mom always told me I should tell AIDS jokes. Which is weird, because she was saying it in '79, WAY before the epidemic was public. Am I claiming my mom had a hand in creating the virus? Not in this post...but stay tuned...

I can't help myself. I make fun of horrid things. NOt sure why. I'd like to think my attempt is to take the piss out of such scary things as AIDS, Cancer or Fatty Arbuckle's coke bottle collection. But the truth is, I'm just a hateful soul. If there is a Heaven, I'm fairly certain I won't be going there. I don't think I'll end up in Hell either, but rather haunting the vagina or a lonely 60 year old woman living out her days on Long Island. So based on that I should care what people think of me or the things I say...but I do. Sorta...

I don't regularly count how many friends I have on facebook, but I do notice once in a while. More so I notice a decrease of numbers and sometimes I even notice a particular person who has abandoned the home of my rants which often feature some choice four letter words (such as boob).

It's weird because I recent came up with what I thought would be a great idea of losing EVERY single friend I have. Someone (I think Julie) said it would be like a modern day Brewster's Millions. I can't get rid of friends, but I have to force them al away...but the problem is I'd lose them forever. And as much as I pretend to not care, I really get excited by people I know only causally, reading my blogs or watching a short film I've made, or just "liking" a clever jab I might take at a retarded kid on the side of the road (even my acquaintances are shitty people).

I do say "fuck" & "cunt" a lot. So I do understand when people drop me...especially if they don;t have a lot of friends or at least a lot of friends who regularly update their accounts. You're likely to have an entire page of me sounding off on people masturbating in the stall next to me, or hoping Michael Vick accidentally sits on his nuts.

I'll continue to be the rude prick my mother raised, and hope some day she gets on facebook. Because no one's Mom would unfriend them...right?

2 comments:

Claire said...

nice

Kevin Regan said...

Thank you Jim. You'll never know how much that means to me.