Monday, April 26, 2010

Let's See How Long This Lasts...

I have fallen off when it comes to blogging. I used to love it. But lately I can’t get motivate enough to walk up the stairs and turn on the computer. Also, I have taken to spending time with my wife. I know. Crazy right? But when I want to commit every commuters soul to damnation because they all slowed down to witness a fender bender (which I assure you I didn’t even gaze upon), I just come home and tell my wife. She rolls her eyes and then outs small, almost tasteless amounts of arsenic in my dinner.

I also wonder if anyone really cares. Sure people will listen to your opinion when you have a party, because you have supplied beer and nachos (again, if prepared by previously mentioned wife, I’d watch yourself). It’s amazing the amount of rhetoric people will entertain if they are getting something free out of it. Hell, there is an entire holiday built around girls showing their privates for beads that you can buy at most party stores. But not only do you NOT get anything for free while reading someone’s blog, you give up something FREE. Your time (I was going to be clever and say “your free time,” however it occurs to me, most of you deadbeats will read this on your company’s time).

I do love reading people blogs (on company time). One of my favorite things to do is get angry and worked up over the opinions in a blog and think, “what kind of a moron would write this garbage!” Then I realize, I am reading my blog from a few years ago. I also like to get drunk and write a blog. When I read it later it’s like the story of the elves helping the old cobbler mend shoes. Only filled with a shit load of spelling errors and more than a few incoherent sentences…also, I still have holes in my shoes.

I do have more time to write now. I recently ended a web series that took up much of my time. And although I am in pre-production on another series, I have done things differently this time around. I brought on a bunch of talented people so I can steal their ideas and work a hell of a lot less!

So with that I hope to re enter the world of blogging. Or at least get one of these new writers to do it for me.

No comments: